Friday 16 September 2016

Kouya

I've started to get how such shows work. Long scenes of relatively cliche interactions, broken up by short introspection in the characters' psyche. It's probably supposed to be at the same time easy to digest and profound. It doesn't always work, but because it's Romeo in this case, I'm quite enjoying everything. But while Romeo being Romeo means I've no problem with any aspect of it, the whole thing doesn't come off as anything special either.
Anyway, four episodes left. Pic related is probably the face that best exemplifies love that I've seen in quite some time.


<some time later>
Sasuga Romeo. Even after finishing the series, I still have exactly zero complains with it. The drama with the brother was given the right amount of focus, and the right conclusion, the love triangle was handled perfectly, even if far from resolved, and so on, and so on. I can eat this series with three bowls of rice every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment